Re: gEDA-user: Symbol question â suggestions?

Den 2011-01-04 21:47:59 skrev Stefan Salewski <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 21:14 +0100, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

comment=Use 74_pwr.sym for supply

I wrote it some months ago...

A single 74_pwr.sym can not work for 14 and 16 pin parts, so I really
recommend to do not use a 74_pwr.sym at all, but one for 14, and one for
16 pins devices. I think I called my one at gedasymbols
74xx-14N-Pwr-1.sym.

But the 74LV4066 is 14-pin with GND at 7 and Vcc at 14, just like an ordinary 7400 and more.

Does the 74-series version differ in layout from 4066? May be.

Maybe. I just did a quick search and found that MAXIM has two versions of their MAX4066: One with 14 pins and one with 16 pins.
http://html.alldatasheet.com/html-pdf/73292/MAXIM/4066/123/1/4066.html

But as far as I have seen, the 74LV4066 comes with 14 pins only.

I am not sure I got the pin numbers right (or how to use pinseq vs
pinnumber).

It may be better to be sure.

Well, I am sure which pin is what, I am not sure I got it right in my symbol though, but I can test it, don't worryâ :)

For pin type you may simple use "pas" for passive, as in resistors.

The default 4066 symbol used âpasâ for the switch thing and âinâ for the âenableâ thing. I guess I'll do the same then, since some people already suggested that.

Thanks for input and suggestions, everyone!

--
Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg