Re: gEDA-user: Windows versions [WAS: Re: Bug triage]

On 1/10/2011 6:39 PM, Peter Clifton wrote:
On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 10:10 -0500, Rick wrote:

I wonder how many of those downloaders actually use it.
I used it just yesterday.  I often use gerbv for viewing Gerbers.  I run
it under Vista and there are some issues.
Please file the bugs. Use the "windows" tag when filing for PCB. See
https://launchpad.net/pcb/+filebug

For gerbv, you'll have to brave SourceForge:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=33921&atid=409538

I don't mind dealing with SourceForge, but I want to be sure that what I am reporting is considered a bug. When I use gerbv under Windows Vista the image on the screen is grainy and any features on the board that are not orthogonal or at exactly 45 degrees, are very jagged. Further, the zoom can only magnify to a limited extent. I can zoom in until about 0.2 inches fill the screen. So I am not able to make careful measurements of fine features. I assume this is different from gerbv under Linux, or is this how the interface is designed? Is this is not expected behavior, should this be one or two reports?

Rick