Re: gEDA-user: Collaborative Development of Boards

On 01/19/2011 06:23 PM, Markus Hitter wrote:
One possible drawback for both ideas: you can't route tracks through
the "foreign" area/sub-layout, even if there's enough room after
assembling the zones.

In chip layout, where you do have layout sub-cells definable by the tools,
all you do for for the route through tracks is put them in the sub-cell
as a floating unconnected trace that you do LVS on only at a higher level
of completeness -- when it's with the surroundings.  Floating tracks
might trigger a DRC, but I think they are perfectly valid and
I'd rewrite the DRC.  I can't remember if DRC2 or anything else
complains about floating tracks...

John
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX