Re: gEDA-user: gschem: directly connecting two nets?

John Doty <jpd@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Jan 24, 2011, at 11:57 AM, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
>
>> Steven Michalske wrote:
>>
>>> We would also need a way to force the chosen name of the net to choose
>>> when merging nets.  e.g.  When you merge a net named power with a net
>>> named 3v3_power, who wins?
>>
>> If a two pin symbol mediates the fusion, this would be determined
>> by the connections to the symbol. The symbol would comprise a win-pin
>> and a loose-pin. The winner would be the net that is connected to the
>> win-pin.
>
> Works for the simplest case:
>
> net1                 net2
> -----------(WP,LP)------------
>
> The combined net would be "net1".
>
> But a little more complicated:
>
> net1                 net2              net3
>
> Is this "net1" or "net3"?

At some point the user looses for his own stupitity.  I'd just require a
well defined topology, and tell the user if the resolution is not unique,
then he has to accept arbitrary results, based on the random order of
evaluation of the shorts.

--
Stephan