Re: gEDA-user: Windows gEDA port

   I too have done some work in so much as getting a full gEDA suite
   working under Cygwin.  MinGW is probably a better option though.
   Chris
   On 25/01/11 22:05, Peter TB Brett wrote:

On Tuesday 25 January 2011 21:52:52 Terrance Hutchinson wrote:

I would like to help develop the Windows port. Your wiki said that if
I was interested, I should post to this list.

I have been working as a computer engineer for a little over 2 years
at a company specializing storage oriented ASICs (PowerPC as well).

What are the next steps I should take?

- Check it out from git

- Try to build it (you will almost certainly want to either cross-
compile it on a Linux system, or use MinGW)

- When you find a bug (either compiling or running), file a bug report
[1]http://bugs.launchpad.net/geda/+filebug

- Wait for a patch (or write one yourself)

- GOTO 10

Peter Clifton has some experience of building Windows binaries for gEDA,
and may be able to provide more useful information than I can.

Welcome aboard!

                            Peter ;-)