Re: gEDA-user: Windows gEDA port

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 7:24 PM, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The only problem I recall from minipack is that it wanted to download
> the pcb tarball, despite having the pcb sources right there,

Use the minipack shell command, tips from Cesar that I've been using:

./mpk shell pcb
cd <some-build-location-for-pcb>
git clone git://git.gpleda.org/pcb.git
cd pcb
./autogen.sh
echo "$mpk_opt" | xargs ./configure
make
make install
exit
wine result/bin/pcb.exe

There is no need to rebuild everything this time, just exit and reenter
the mpk shell and run:

make clean
echo "$mpk_opt" | xargs ./configure
make
make install

./mpk shell pcb
cd ~/wxPCB/minipack/pcbtest/pcb
make clean
echo "$mpk_opt" | xargs ./configure --disable-doc --disable-png [can't
get png to build yet]
make
make install

> and it
> used an older version of the mingw cross-compiler than fedora ships
> with.

Can't speak to that, as I've not run into that under Gentoo, which is 4.4.3.
MinGW proper was version 4.5.1 last week.  TDM is usually a head of
that by a version or two.