Re: gEDA-user: Alternate Platforms

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 9:12 AM, Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Perhaps I'm being short-sighted, but I don't see a great potential for
> serious EDA work on phone sized devices. Even if they get the
> screen-resolution high enough, the size is very small for design work,
> and the input problematic.

Actual design work probably not all that useful do to small size.
The place where it wold great is in being a trouble shooting tool in the field.

You're in the field and need to see the layout to find where that
trace once was after it vaporized from a component failure,
 so you can put a jumper in its place...

You're in the field and need to replace a capacitor, you need to see
the value on the schematic...

All the while you are someplace like here, where the window of
opportunity is small to non-existent:

http://www.martingrund.de/pinguine/pinguincam1.htm

I too was waiting for Meego, last week Nokia said they where going to
Android, no one is sure what is going to happen to Meego. :-(

--
http://blog.softwaresafety.net/
http://www.designer-iii.com/