Re: gEDA-user: anyway to make rectangular holes such as these?

Peter Clifton wrote:

> It is unfortunate that this info can't be part of the foot-print. You
> will have to draw it on the board directly.

A work-around may be to make a footprint that comprises two *.fp files.
One with the ordinary pins, pads and lines. And another with pads where
the holes to be milled should go. Include some kind of alignment mark in
both parts. Place the first part the usual way. Do
   break_buffer_element_into_pieces
before you place the second part just on top of the first.
Move the mill lines to the dedicated milling layer with the [m] accel.

All fabs I know would accept (and expect) additional routing lines
in the outline layer.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak