Re: gEDA-user: Noob question on footprints

Some suggestions:

1.  Run gsch2pcb in double verbose mode.  That is:

  gsch2pcb -v -v project.rc

This will tell you what is upsetting gsch2pcb.

2.  In your project.rc file, make sure you call out the path to both
your M4 library (if you are using it), as well as the path to your
newlib library.   See Bill Wilson's tutorial for a few hints:

http://www.geda.seul.org/docs/current/tutorials/gsch2pcb/tutorial.html

3.  You can get good newlib footprints from John Luciani's site:

http://www.luciani.org/geda/geda-index.html

4.  Steve Meier wrote (and I added to) a doc describing the newlib
footprint file format.  It is useful when you get to the point of
needing to tweak the footprints themselves.  You can get it here:

http://www.brorson.com/gEDA/

(Second to last item in first list.)

5.  Other read-worthy gEDA documents are available at:

http://www.geda.seul.org/docs/current/index.html

HTH,

Stuart