Re: gEDA-user: Noob question on footprints

I have started to name my newlib footprints using the naming
convention documented in:

 http://www.luciani.org/geda/pcb/footprint-name-spec.pdf

I have a fair amount of the footprints renamed.

My footprint collection is at
  http://www.luciani.org/geda/pcb/pcb-footprint-list.html

I do the following with footprints:

  1. Place all "production ready" newlib footprints
     (or symlinks to footprints) in a single directory.

  2. To create a PCB:

     gsch2pcb --use-files --elements-dir PACKAGE_DIR

     where PACKAGE_DIR is the directory containing the
     "production ready" footprints.

(* jcl *)