Re: [OT] Re: gEDA-user: PCB GTK version...

On 7/31/05, Charles Lepple <clepple@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> An alternative is to start up xvncserver, which creates a virtual
> display that the clients can connect to. Then, you can point one or
> more VNC clients to xvncserver, and disconnect and reconnect at will.

For my commercial PCB work, I sometimes use it via Xvnc over my cable
connection.  It's pretty slow.  But it's plenty fast enough to get
work done -- it works about the same speed as I think.  This is why,
while recognizing GTK2 is a very slow toolkit, I don't think it's
really an issue for PCB.  GTK2 is still plenty fast enough to update
the framebuffer before VNC can refresh it, and this is on an 800MHz
Athlon Slot A box.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II