Re: gEDA-user: wishful thinking from a user point of view (2)

On Monday 02 July 2007 18:21:01 John Doty wrote:

> > A footprint preview would be nice for symbols already in the schematic
> > too. Maybe a command that pops a little graphic for a currently
> > selected
> > symbol...
>
> This is a huge job, since gEDA supports many different printed
> circuit programs, each with its own (usually undocumented) footprint
> library setup.

I concur.  While pcb might be the layout program most gschem users target, I
would not be keen on making too many assumptions that this is the design flow
being used.

On the other hand, Peter C. is/was working on "attribute helpers", with
exactly that sort of thing in mind (including browsing the PCB library).  I
think he was doing it as something you have to enable in a gschemrc, mostly
written in Scheme.

                           Peter

--
Peter Brett