Re: gEDA-user: wishful thinking from a user point of view (5)

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 19:31:20 +0100, Peter TB Brett wrote:

> Then the workflow would be:
>
> 1. Down symbol.  If it's possible to edit the original library symbol,
> you have the option to; otherwise it opens the embedded version for
> editing.
>
> 2. Save symbol.  If you're editing the embedded version, it and all its
> instances would be automatically updated.  (You always have the option
> to save to a file instead).  If you're editing the library version, it's
> saved to the library.
>
> 3. If you were editing a library symbol, you're symbols _won't_ be
> automatically updated.  You'll go to the library view, where that
> symbol's entry on the list will have an icon indicating that there is a
> different version in the library.  Clicking a button will update all the
> symbols the schematic with the changes.

Sounds good to me.
I like the idea to have symbols embedded by default and be able to export
and import them on demand.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211