Re: gEDA-user: Ground plane question

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 05:48:47PM -0300, Donato Azevedo wrote:
> http://archives.seul.org/geda/user/Nov-2006/msg00225.html and this
> response: http://archives.seul.org/geda/user/Nov-2006/msg00227.html
> which suggested setting the flag lines/arcs clear polygons. All I
> found was Settings->New lines, arcs clear polygon. But that did not
> work: I had a board already routed and I tried placing a rectangle on
> the solder layer but it covered the routes and all I got was a full
> covered board...

Yes, that's a stupid default, since when you reach the point you're at,
you now have to go set that flag on every line segment to avoid shorting
to the plane.  You can do that by moving the crosshairs and hitting 'j'.

You might want to go look at how that modifies the Element line in the
.pcb file and then write a script to apply it to all of your existing
lines.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>