Re: gEDA-user: Modular designs (was Re: Multi-page, non-hierarchical schematics?)

Steven Michalske wrote:

> make a copy of the project directory
>
> then refdes renum the whole project
>
> now run a diff between the two,  this will tell tell the old refdes
> and the new refdes
>
> craft up  a script that will then do a search and replace on the pcb
> file
>
> and presto.
>
> the beauty of text based schematics and layout files

Yes, this is the least effort path I know of at this time.

John Luciani has some scripts documented for making
step and repeat schematic and layout in unison.

I used them and found I could even read, understand, and modify them
successfully.  Could be a starting point for scripting the above steps.
See http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/john_griessen/ for examples, links.

John Griessen