Re: gEDA-user: Multi-page, non-hierarchical schematics?

Randall Nortman wrote:
> I have a schematic split into multiple pages just for convenience and
> ease of editing, not so much because it's hierarchical.  I'd like to
> use the refdes renumbering feature to generate refdeses which are
> unique across all the pages, but it only seems to work that way if you
> have the pages in a hierarchy.  Unless I'm missing something.
>
> But assuming I'm not, what is the absolute simplest way to create a
> flat hierarchy?

You add an attrib to symbols to go down thru, and create them with djboxsym orjgboxsym and
have the names match to subschematics, and the wire names match too.  Want an example set as an email?

They're useful as a way to deal with replicated layout zones too.  See http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/john_griessen/
for script for that.

John Griessen