Re: gEDA-user: Ground plane question

DJ Delorie wrote:
>> Yes, that's a stupid default,
>
> It's not the default in pcb itself, though.  Most likely, it's the
> template that gsch2pcb uses, which is obsolete and weirdly configured.

Sorry for the late hit on this thread... I've been out of town for a week.

I need a how-to.  I've always laid down a ground plane first a plowed
through it because doing it last (which seems more natural to me) runs
into the 'massive short' problem.  I saw the earlier post about the
changing the flag using the command line interface.  But... you are
saying there is a way to change the default?  Tell me how... I want to
fix this.  I agree the current default (whether it comes from gsch2pcb
or planet Pluto -- I don't care) is worse than non-intuitive.  It's all
these little usability issues that puts people off gEDA/gaf.

-dave