Re: gEDA-user: Results of CustomPCB build of FLEX board

Cool.

About solder masks: I usually set those to the closest to the pad that
the vendor allows, which usually means 1.5 mil or so away.  Worst
case, have the mask edge halfway between the pin and the plane.

I never trust the library's mask or clearance, I always bulk-update
them once they're on the board.  Yeah, it's something we need in the
vendor and drc functions, as what I update them to depends on where
I'm sending it to be made.

For fine-pitch parts, I usually don't bother with mask between pads.
However, 4pcb can do mask between 0.5mm pitch pads (seemingly
perfectly, too, although I didn't spec them as tight as they
produced!)

Some of the "round" copper bits look jaggie.  Is that the scanner, the
design, or the board?