Re: gEDA-user: A little tribute...

Brian Fuller schrieb:
> But to add to the confusing circumstances, when I try the transient build
> with the correct information I'm informed that the model is not a mosfet :\

Hmm, the output you provided seems kind of awkward. Try the following
script, please, and see if it works for you:

#!/bin/sh
#
#

(
	echo '* Comment (this one is needed, appearently)'
	echo '.model 1N4004 D'
	echo 'Vcc (Vin 0) pulse(iv=0, pv=5, width=0.01, period=0.02)'
	echo 'D1 Center Vout 1N4004'
	echo 'C1 0 Center 1u'
	echo 'R1 Vin Center 1k'
	echo '.end'
) > tempfile.ckt

(
	echo 'get tempfile.ckt'
	echo 'list'
	echo 'print tran v(nodes)'
	echo 'tran 0 0.4 .001 >tempfile.out'
) > tempfile.sim

gnucap <tempfile.sim
gwave tempfile.out

When just playing around with it it seems the first line comment is
absolutely necessary, otherwise I see *very* strange behaviour. Maybe
that's the problem in your case?

> I apologize for all the problems, but it'd be nice to have one open-source
> simulation so I can use the geda suite in the future as often as possible.

Not a problem, not at all! Believe me, I asked a lot of questions here,
I'm so glad to be able to help :-)

Kind regards,
Johannes