Re: gEDA-user: ideeas for gschem and pcb

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:14:05 +0300, Robas, Teodor wrote:

> The following is a list of improvements I would like too see/have/maybe
> implement.
>
> 1. Footprint alternatives.

Yes. This is one of my favorite feature requests too. Just like you I saw
the value of this kind of lists while using protel.

> 2. An even nicer improvement wold be to have the footprint preview
> directly into gschem,

Where would you put that?

> 4. Sometime I need to draw lines at 0 degrees from crosshair, not only
> at 45 degrees (new modes = and _|_). I am just tired of matching the
> direction of the crosshair with the point of origin when doing manual
> routing.

You want a routing mode similar to gschems net drawing.

> 5. Some alignement tool may be useful too (or maybe I did not find it
> ?!).

Full ack. We had this topic a few months ago.

> 6. Rotation of selected elements shall be simpler (for example with the
> space key).

Your protel experience shows :-)
I am weary of switching between pointer and rotate mode. The basic
actions rotate, drag and select should all be readily accessible from the
same mode.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak