Re: gEDA-user: Success with gEDA tools...

Reversed polarized cap? Those ones are easy to find upon power up :)

I don't think it is sufficient to rely upon the silk screen to provide
assembly instructions.

For cases like this you really need to provide written assembly
instructions and make following them part of the purchase terms.

But my experience is that especially on larger orders a certain number
of the parts will be dropped and thus not loaded by the p&p tool. These
then get hand loaded and can be put in rotated 180 degrees very easily.

Another example of the fifty fifty rule. Given two choices I will pick
the wrong one 80 percent of the time. Given one choice the odds of being
correct only improve to about 70 percent.

It got to the point that we require each board come with a tag telling
us which parts were hand loaded so that we could visually inspect the
board before power up.

Steve Meier