Re: gEDA-user: Suggestions for using a capacitive sensor IC

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Robert Butts <r.butts2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
For the following questions refer to figure 1.1 of the attached doc.

I'd like to use a ring electrode with a back-firing smt led centered in the ring.  Drawing the schematic for the qtouch sensor, should I omit the electrodes leaving the resistors hanging and add the smt pad in PCB?  Otherwise, I'm wondering how to represent the electrode symbol for the schematic.  Would it have a pin to connect a trace to?  I guess the footprint would have a smt pad with the diameter I want and then an inner diameter big enough to accommodate the led.  Then place the back-firing footprint inside the ring electrode.  My hurdle now is representing the electrode in the schematic.

Since the ring electrode and SMD LED are two discrete parts I would draw them as two discrete symbols in
the schematic. I would create a large ring with a single pin and a small LED. When drawing the schematic I
would place the LED inside of the electrode ring.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org