Re: gEDA-user: Electrode footprint

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:44:39 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:

> Not everything in PCB can be included in an element.

Is there a reason for this restriction? Maybe some long grown internal
structure that would require extensive refactorization?

> Specifically, you may only include: vias, traces, rectangles,
> and silk lines/arcs.

Vias turn into pins. Copper lines and rectangles convert into pads.
I never realized, that rectangles can be included too. This makes SMD
footprint creation much more intuitive :-)

> Copper arcs and polygons may not be included.

No text, either -- Neither on copper, nor on silk.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
http://lilalaser.de/blog