Re: gEDA-user: gchem: color attributes in custom symbols

On Jul 25, 2008, at 6:41 AM, Stefan Salewski wrote:

> Peter TB Brett wrote:
>
>> Attributes which are attached to or part of a symbol or other
>> schematic
>> object are shown in yellow in the default colour scheme. Unattached
>> attributes are shown in red.
>
> When I load an existing symbol into gschem (gschem oldsym.sym) and add
> an attribute like "footprint" or "comment" it appears in red.

That is correct behavior. The attribute is not attached to anything
at that level.

> So an additional step is necessary to make it yellow -- like other
> existing symbol attributes like "refdes". (Currently I do not remember
> this action, but I am sure it exists.)
>
> Because in symbols there are much more yellow (attached) attributes
> than
> red/unattached ones, it may be useful if yellow/attached would be the
> default.

Changing the color does not attach it. And symbol attributes that
aren't associated with a particular pin generally should not be
attached within the symbol.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx