Re: gEDA-user: gchem: color attributes in custom symbols

John Doty wrote:

>Changing the color does not attach it.

Yes, this is what I expected.

>And symbol attributes that aren't associated with a particular pin
>generally should not be attached within the symbol.

Sorry, this again confuses me.
Attributes attached to pins like "pinnumber" are yellow -- OK.

"footprint" or "comment" (inside a symbol definition) are yellow -- this
should indicate that they are attached to the symbol?

"refdes" is red, so it is not attached?

I think I read all available documentation about
attached/unattached/promoted symbols two years ago carefully, but I was
not able to really understand it.