Re: gEDA-user: Pin statement

Hmmm,

I could imagine adding/drawing a square (the tooling path which the tool bit
follows) on a special "tooling" layer and negotiate with the board house or
DIY if you happen to have access to a small router / milling station.

This is similar with stuff drawn on the special "outline" layer.

Drawback: nowadays it is not possible to include "special" stuff in a
footprint.

Tool bits can follow a path based on the [center, inside, outside] of a
__closed__ figure.

Pitfall #1:
Center is based on tooling bits diameter, negotiate in advance with the
board house for the tool bit diameter.

Pitfall #2:
Outside is unlikely for this occasion, very small hole dimensions (2.1 mm)
requires a very small tool bit diameter.

Pitfall #3:
In general, the smallest (allowable) fillet determines the tool bit diameter
and thus the total tooling time, small diameter tool bits are expensive
w.r.t. tooling time.
Just pay or negotiate with the board house for a lean solution (tool bit
changes).
On this occassion tool changes will cost you more than tooling time.

Pitfall #4:
The (most likely) board thickness (1.6 mm ~63 mil) is almost equal to the
dimensions of the aperture (2.1 mm ~83 mil), this possibly leaves a small
angle for the line of sight (visibility).

Just my EUR 0.02

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.