Re: gEDA-user: merge multi symbol components

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 06:07:54 -0500, Bill Gatliff <bgat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
>> The main case I'd like to catch is unintentionally duplicated symbols.
If

>> both, refdes and all pins are identical, it is safe to assume an error.
>>

> Nak.  In my case, I use one symbol to refer to all 8/16/32 bits of a
> GPIO port on a microcontroller.  I'll use a few bits from that port on
> one page, and a few on another.

If it's useful for him, I don't see any reason why he shouldn't implement
it. I don't believe that he's arguing that it should become the default
behaviour.

Peter

--
Peter Brett <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>