Re: gEDA-user: merge multi symbol components

Gabriel Paubert wrote:
> Connect it to an NC symbol to explicitly show that you don't use that
> pin in that instance of the symbol.

I'm sloppy, I just leave them open.  :)

>> If I'm dealing with a wired-OR input, then the same pin might get used
>> on several different sheets.  And if that's the only pin on a port that
>> gets used, then your logic would trip it as an unintentionally
>> duplicated symbol.
>>

> Ok, that one is really harder.

But it doesn't happen often enough that I think his tool needs to do
anything more than issue a warning.  I bet there's a cleaner way to deal
with it, a solution that we'll find later.

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff
bgat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx