Re: gEDA-user: chip scale package soldering (was: dxf again)

   On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 6:03 PM, DJ Delorie <[1]dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

     I usually scrape the no-clean flux off boards,

   I'm talking production quantities of stuff.  No one wants to be
   scraping tens of thousands of boards.

     because no-clean flux
     between D- and D+ on a USB line will cause it to malfunction.  It's
     on
     the order of 100k ohms at that point even for short traces, which is
     significant.

   I've not noticed that one yet.  I'll add it to the list for the CM.

     OTOH I don't want to *have* to clean water-soluble off, esp under
     chips.

   No one does.  All depends on your circuit.  For example I did not care
   at all about the flux or micro-Amps when I was doing 300 Amp 3-Phase
   Drives.

   --
   [2]http://blog.softwaresafety.net/
   [3]http://www.designer-iii.com/