gEDA-user: pcb grid improvements... status of patch?

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 09:52:38 -0700
Colin D Bennett <colin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> While I really would like the advanced user-defined grids as in the
> recent patch, at least fixing this will help.  Often I want to measure
> something in mils as I am laying out components on a metric grid.  So
> I click the mm/mil toggle and forget that it also switches the grid
> (very subtly since it picks a mil grid close to the metric grid!).
> Then I end up continuing my layout work on the wrong grid!

To follow up on this, the bug with the new patch is at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/pcb/+bug/724154
also see the geda-user mailing list thread titled âPlease test new
grids for GTK PCBâ started 24 Feb 2011:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.cad.geda.user/35867/

I hope this patch can be finished and landed soon!

Regards,
Colin