Re: gEDA-user: Warp pointer nonesense

Peter Clifton wrote on the other list where mere users are not allowed to post:

> If no-one has any objection, I will remove the code which warps the
> mouse pointer when selecting nets in the netlist window.

My objection: I use regularily this feature to locate nets. It would be
a regression if it were removed without a replacement. Yes, it is less
than perfect now. A better way to achieve the same goal would be:

1) center the canvas on the feature to be warped to
2) move the cursor right on top of the feature
3) adjust zoom so that the diameter of the feature is about a tenth of
the canvas.
4) make the main window of PCB active

Do all this when explicitely asked for with a click on a warp-button.

> The end goal is to abstract away the flipping / rotating of the board
> into the rendering code. This should make it easier to reconcile board
> flipping in the 3D view code, for example.

Since 3D view is nice-to-have and provide pretty pictures but no
much core funktionality, it should not be a reason for regression
in other areas.

---<)kaimartin(>---

PS: Please let users have a say, when it comes to GUI behavior.
That is, discuss such topics in geda.user, not in geda devel.
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Email: kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx