Re: gEDA-user: How to remove Author from fab gerber?

Bob Paddock wrote:

>I have a board that I'm entering in a design contest, there can not be
any
>identifying marks other than the assigned project number.
>
>In the X_fab.gbr my name still appears when I run gerbv.  I don't find
the
>string with egrep, so it must be encoded in the file.  How do I remove or
>change that Author string?
>
>Are there any gerber editors that work under Linux/FreeBSD?

Hi,
For gerber editting, there is a free software from GraphiCode called
"GC Prevue". I use it at work. Usually I don't need to edit the
gerber data, but the program allows manipulation and export to new
Gerber set.
I am not sure, but I don't see why it shouldn't run under WINE, installed
on a FreeBSD or Linux machine.

:-)

--------
Shahab Sanjari  (sanjariathrzdottu-darmstadtdotde)