Re: gEDA-user: PCB vs. dead polygon

Levente KOVACS wrote:

>On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 10:41:02 +0000
>Xtian Xultz <xultz@ig.com.br> wrote:
>
>>I allways need to retouch my pcb outputs.
>>I retouch them with sketch. I use a program called pstoedit, to
>>convert from.ps (postscript files) to .sk (sketch files). I open the
>>.sk files in sketch, wixh is a CorelDraw-like program, and I do some
>>modifications, like close all the holes (wich is a boring work), draw
>>my logo in the board, and remove dead polygons. Then, I save the file
>>as a .ps . Note that my fab accept only .ps files, so to me its ok. In
>>a gerber file, I really have no idea how to do it...
>

>But I think this is not the way. PCB is a CAD software. That means, PCB
>should do this. Not you.
>
>Anyway... I hope, that it'll be fixed...
>
>Levente

Hi,
As for a gerber editor, there is a free software from GraphiCode called
"GC Prevue". I use it at work. Usually I don't need to edit the
gerber data, but the program allows manipulation and export to new
Gerber set. Some board houses in europe even prefer the native file-bundle
out of it, which gathers all layers in a single file.
I am not sure, but I don't see why it shouldn't run under WINE.
I think dead copper removal is an important issue specially for designing
highly populated, only-SMD boards.

:-)

--------
Shahab Sanjari  (sanjariathrzdottu-darmstadtdotde)