Re: gEDA-user: PCB: Connecting Nets by hand

On Jun 24, 2005, at 10:31 AM, Samuel A. Falvo II wrote:
PCB and I will just never see eye to eye, and that's the way it is, I guess.

Well, since you seem to have decided that this is the way things will be, I guess so. Since I think your project is very cool, I've been trying to think of a way to offer to help you, but short of offering to do your whole layout for you (which I really don't have time to do) I haven't been able to come up with any ideas.

And since I'm going into all-new territory with the actual production
of a printed circuit board, I'm sure *that* will just be just dandy
having to learn about Gerber files, Excellon drill files, etc.

It's pretty painless. A lot of that industry assumes that everyone automatically knows everything their first time through, with industry terminology and all (WTF is a "mouse bite"?? ;)) but it's really not too bad.

But take that with a grain of salt, as it's coming from someone who finds PCB to be quick, easy, and incredibly flexible. ;)

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire "I wonder what 'Error Code 1' means. That's
Cape Coral, FL what it said when it started smoking." -Jonathan Patschke