Re: gEDA-user: Help request

On Thursday 15 June 2006 18:51, Phil Taylor wrote:
> Adrian,
>
> David is right.  I have built a fair amount of software with Ubuntu and
> it gives you an experience not unlike debian.  I've had pretty good luck
> with it as a distro, and the IRC support channel is very active.

What is it with Ubuntu or Kubuntu that makes you _not_ use Debian directly?

I dropped Debian because at the time I bought my amd64 Gentoo seemed to be the
only reasonable setup for a mixed 64/32-bit environment. Debian did only have
a beta release for 64-bit and the mix of 32-bit and 64-bit was sub-optimal in
my opinion.

Now, my opinions on Gentoo are steadily falling. I get to use my fat DSL and
my X2 AMD processor a bit more than I like because of all the compiling. I am
very satisfied in average with Debian sid on an older x86 machine and really
miss it on amd64.

For some reason I never got attached to Red-Hat or Fedora and Suse was
replaced with Debian between 6.4 and 7.0 because I would have to sweep my
harddisk to get the new version of Suse.
--
Svenn