Re: gEDA-user: Icarus Verilog going git.

On 6/15/07, Dave McGuire <mcguire@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>    After I got it built (which took most of an afternoon), it took

Huh?  git took 15 minutes to build completely, from scratch, on my box
(800MHz Athlon, Slot A, EV6 bus motherboard).

>    After that experience, I labeled it as "some kid's pet revision
> control system" and vowed to never go near it again.

git clone http://....

or

git clone git://...

I admit that git isn't the easiest tool to use around (you can't beat
darcs for its superior command-line interface), especially when patch
management gets complex, but surely for simple operations, it's not
any harder than using anything else.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II