Re: gEDA-user: Thoughts using gschem

On Sun, 2007-06-24 at 11:02 -0700, Sean D'Epagnier wrote:
> Hi, I am just getting started with gschem.  I have questions and ideas.
>
> zooming in and out is done using z and Z.  In pcb it zooms using
> the mouse wheel.  Does else anyone want to conform both programs to use
> similar navigation by default?

What version of gschem do you have? Gschem can also zoom with the mouse
wheel, and has done for some time now.

> I had some trouble figuring out why my netlists were shorted.  I found
> out that elements can have builtin attributes that do not appear when
> editing the element.  Some of these "hidden" attributes were netlists
> shorting various things out.  Does anyone else want to display all
> attributes on an element, and in this way make it possible to remove
> or override attributes defined in the element.  I think this would
> be very useful, and isn't very hard to implement.

To view hidden attributes, select "Edit"->"Show/hide invisible text".
I'm not sure if you're able to delete them.

> Is there any way to select a connection and highlight or otherwise make
> clear exactly what it is connected to?

Not in gschem, as yet. Its something I'm interested in implementing, but
it requires a lot of back-end changes to actually produce the net-lists
and keep them up to date on the fly.

> If I am unclear I can try to explain better.  I am willing to try to
> implement these features, but I am new to gschem and want to make sure
> I am making sense.

Let us know if you want any pointers in the code... and good luck!

Regards,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,