Re: gEDA-user: gEDA/gaf stable version 1.0.1-20070626 released!

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 03:58 -0700, Andy Peters wrote:
> Anyways ... since the geda/gaf stuff, by default, gets installed in
> my home directory, is there a recommended way to install it in /usr/
> local in the usual way?  I suppose I could symlink everything, but
> that seems wrong.  I could have changed the install directory at
> build/configure time, but that requires building as root.

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/

should only require installing as root, not building.

You will probably have to ditch the toplevel make file though, and
install symbols, libgeda, gschem, gattrib, gnetlist, utils, symbols,
docs, (Perhpas I missed some - look at the toplevel makefil) by hand.

The ordering is important - although I may not have listed it correctly.
Certainly symbols and libgeda must be built and installed before the
other tools are built (then installed).

Regards,

--
Peter Clifton