Re: gEDA-user: Connecting AGND with GND

Maybe. Noise levels generally apear to be different. The reducing of the
connection between the two planes is probably as effective. One
advantage of the inductor is that you can break the path entirerly if
you have a problem.

I tend to do this a lot with subsections of a complex board. Each
section has its own filtered power supplies (inductor and caps).  Again
have a problem with the board start depowering sections of it by
removing inductors. Or better yet power the board up one section at a time.

I would like to re-iterate. Read the data sheets paying attention to the
layout and groundiing sections. High Frequency circuits can break into
oscillation very easily. There is almost always a predictable reason and
those reasons are found in the layout and grounding sections of the data
sheets.

This would be a cool feature for a cad package. having these sections
encapsolated into the symbols and land patterns. Then as you are laying
them out to be able to get a report.

Steve Meier