Re: gEDA-user: egg on face...

On Jun 19, 2008, at 1:48 PM, Traylor Roger wrote:

> Guys,
>   Forget the last gnetlist question.  I was assuming
>   that gnetlist produced a netlist.

It does. However "drc2" is a special back end that produces a design
rule check instead. Your error was to give the output option in the
wrong order: it was trying to process three files named
"avr_prog.sch",  "-o", and "drc_output".

>   However, with a
>   name like that you would assume.  I see now that
>   gsch2pcb does that work.

Only if pcb is the tool you're using down the road. gEDA supports
many other design flows, and gnetlist is a very versatile tool for
extracting information from schematics (not netlists only).

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx