Re: gEDA-user: Gnetlist -g PCB

> A check for pin type is even more worthless for analog applications.
> There are perfectly reasonable and common opamp circuits that connect the
> pin 3 (input) directly to pin 6 (output).
>
> ---<(kaimartin)>---
> --
> Kai-Martin Knaak
> http://lilalaser.de/blog
>  ________

This is OK. We have exactly one output driving an input. Another case of this kind is crating divide-by-two counter from D-type flip-flop, which requires connecting !Q output with D input of the same symbol.

The real problem is for example with LM311 comparator, which has two output pins being the collector and emiter of the output transistor. The collector should have pintype "oc", but it is legal to connect it directly to positive power supply if the load is provided in emiter circuit. The same apply for emiter pin.

Wojciech Kazubski