Re: gEDA-user: Surface mount footprint pin pitch changes at different magnifications in PCB

   I'm exporting a postscript file and then converting that to a pdf with
   the ps2pdf command.  I then come up in windows and print the file to
   my Samsung laser printer.  I have to do this because I have not been
   able to get my printers to print in fedora.

   On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 1:24 PM, Steven Michalske
   <[1]smichalske@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   On Jun 4, 2009, at 7:20 PM, John Coppens wrote:
   > On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 17:15:34 -0400
   > Rob Butts <[2]r.butts2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
   >
   >> I print out the etch pattern to make a home-made card the pins
   don't
   >> line up.
   >
   > How are you printing? Using postscript? Or via another program -
   maybe
   > GIMP or so? Does that program have a fit-to-page function, which
   might
   > change the scale? Are you printing a letter format PCB onto an A4
   > page?
   > Think along those lines.

     I have a printer that will do this scaling too.  Times this hits me
     as
     well.

   > I've hit my head many times because some of the intermediate steps
   > would
   > try to be too intelligent. If all that fails, make a 1" by 1" square
   > (or so) and look at each step if the size remains 1000x1000 mils.
   Some