Re: gEDA-user: Can we fix the HTML stripping on this list?

On Tuesday 09 June 2009, James F. Carroll wrote:
> However, when properly used, rich text enhances email
> messages significantly, increasing clarity and visual appeal
> of a message.

When used improperly, which is more common, HTML makes them look
a lot worse, even when viewed on a reader that supports HTML.

What enhanced readability most is when senders pay attention to
what they are sending, trim the quotes, leave the ">" there so
the better readers will color them nicely.

Replying on top and including the whole message you reply to on
the bottom makes the worst looking emails, especially after a
chain of those where it builds up.  Usually, that seems to go
along with HTML mail.

The list should reject mail containing the following:

This list is much better than most others in this respect.
MUCH better.  Let's keep it that way.