Re: gEDA-user: gschem "handles" are tied to schematic size, not screen size

On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 21:39 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
> Perhaps some combination of world size, pixel size, and
> relative-to-the-line size ranges with rules about which ones have
> priority?  Then you get mostly consistent handles, with limits on how
> big/small they can get relative to usability - I.e. if the width of
> the handle had an upper limit of 50% the length of the line so that
> half the line is always exposed between the two handles, and a lower
> limit of 3x the thickness of the line so that it was never obscured,
> you could otherwise say "keep the handles some fixed number of
> pixels", constrained by those limits, and it would always be usable.

That might do it..

I remember why it doesn't work with fixed pixel sizes now.. the red cue
dot on the end of the line eats the grip when you zoom in to do detailed
work. The line width isn't actually issue unless you're drawing some fat
lines.

In addition, the fixed size swamps the line when you zoom out to do
high-level moves.

FWIW, the current code already has 3 different handle sizes - selected
depending on zoom level.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,