Re: gEDA-user: gschem's new pretty menus

On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 21:51 -0400, Mark wrote:

> Sooo... It looks really smooth.  I like it a lot.  I'll try to give it a run
> for the money tomorrow afternoon and will let you know if I find anything.

Thanks. Testing is, as always, appreciated. The main known bug is some
issues with tab handling, but I'd love to hear if you see them too.

> I just have one question.  Can we change the font, or add new ones, or is it
> hard coded right now?

Hardcoded for now - as our postscript font details always were. The
postscript has always been "Helvetica". The on-screen renderer uses
"Arial", or "Helvetica", depending on the setting of an #if 0 or #if 1
in gschem/src/o_text.c

Arial and Helvertica are very similar fonts, with similar metrics. I
found Arial had better hinting though, so I've used that whilst testing.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,