Re: gEDA-user: gschem's new pretty menus

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 22:33:08 +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:

> I doubt it quit reading the rc file "silently", something should have
> shown up in the log - or on stdout. Did you see anything like that?

Like I said, there was a note in the status window:

/--------------
In unknown file:
   ?: 0* [primitive-load "/home/kmk/.gEDA/gschemrc"]
In /home/kmk/.gEDA/gschemrc:
  21: 1* (postscript-font-scale 1.4)

/home/kmk/.gEDA/gschemrc:20:0: Unbound variable: postscript-font-scale
\---------------

Being an experienced user, it led me to the troublesome line. A newbie
may not recognize the difference to the rest of the start-up notes. The
note lacks the keywords of failure ("error", "warning"...). Gschem should
explicitely say that it quit reading the config file. I'd prefer the
application to throw an error on stdout and exit rather than resume and
do without the rest of gschemrc. But this is a matter of taste.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
http://lilalaser.de/blog