Re: gEDA-user: spNet v0.9.2 released

Anthony Shanks wrote:

> Haha yeah, except I'm not sure what he says is accurate and I'm not
> sure what the resistance is against a hierarchical netlister (without
> workarounds like makefiles and such). Every single industry level
> netlister I have ever seen does this and I have worked with plenty as
> a student and now an engineer in the industry. As someone who manually
> looks at netlists on a daily basis, flat netlists are very hard to
> read and simulate slow in spice simulators. I'm not even sure a
> makefile solution would really work anyway since flat netlisting each
> cell separately in a makefile (which I assume John was talking about)
> would not be able to automatically produce the subckt statements need
> inside the main spice file. Correct me if I am wrong.

All greek to me.  I can totally appreciate the power of Spice et al.,
but the last time I used that kind of simulation was, oh, waayyy too
many years ago and I authored the input files with vi--- they would
easily have fit on a page.

Yea, I use gaf today to capture schematics and lay out boards--- but
that's just scratching the surface of what I can do.  I'm still only
skin-deep, too ignorant to have even a worthless opinion on the topic.  :)

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff
bgat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx