Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb to pcb error

DJ Delorie wrote:
I don't know if pcb barfs on spaces in refdes's...  All those strings
should be quoted anyway.
When using gschem interactively, it does not automatically quotes attributes with spaces in them (at least refdes). If quotes are required, it's a serious flaw to ask the user to fix this with an editor or ask to enter the quotes in the name - if one does so,
they appear in the renderd text in gschem - so they are no meta-characters.

The only problem I see is, that footprints may need a different treatment for m4
macro arguments, which can be confusing.

I second Kai-Martin, that a positive definition is required - acctually I started
to write such a page some time ago and posted it here.

Regards, Armin