Re: gEDA-user: Non-linear spice models for power sources operating near stall

Mike Crowe wrote:
   3. More complicated models would vary the inductance depending on
   rotation speed, electrical frequency and possibly angular position of
   the rotor...  but hopefully you don't have to go that far.
   All in all...   I think Spice will be a pretty awkward tool to do any
   more than (1.).  I'd look at something like University of South
   Carolina's VTB (Virtual Test Bed).  It's free, but closed source.
Unfortunately, I believe that the model will be more like #3.  The power
source is a periodic hydraulic one.  My ultimate task is to deliver peak
power from the mechanical system regardless of the available input power
(wave action).  In addition to modeling the motor, I will need to model
the mechanical components.    I looked briefly at the SC site, but it
requires a plug-in that I don't have.
How about setting up the differential equations of your dynamic model. If you can formulate them as a system of ordinary explicit de's and as initial value problem, you can use a Runge-Kutta method, that should be readily available as C-source (or at least FORTRAN).