Re: gEDA-user: RMS Waveform of a signal

On Wednesday 16 June 2010, Rubén Gómez Antolí wrote:
> I have a signal with harmonics and distorsion and I want to
> get the RMS  waveform of it.
>
> I check some tools, including engines and post-proccesors,
> with no  success: Oscopy, Ngspice, Gnucap, Octave, KJWaves.
>
> Anyones knows or have some idea?

The Gnucap measure command?

http://gnucap.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=gnucap:manual:commands:measure
http://gnucap.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=gnucap:manual:measure:mean

The rms value, for the entire run:
measure sample = rms(probe="v(out)")

The rms value, between two pre-specified time points:
measure sample = rms(probe="v(out)" begin=4u end=6u)

The rms value of a waveform, between the last two rising zero-
crossings.
measure t2 = cross(probe="v(out)" cross=0 rise last)
measure t1 = cross(probe="v(out)" cross=0 rise last before=t2)
measure rmsvalue = rms(probe="v(out)" begin=t1 end=t2)